Austin Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child Lawyer
Aggravated Sexual Assault Attorney Proudly Serving Austin, TX
While Sexual Assault of a Child refers to any sexual contact with a person age 17 or younger, Sexual Assault of a Child is “aggravated” if the child is younger than 14 years old and if a deadly weapon was used. Or if there has been a threat of serious bodily injury, or the child was younger than six when the incident occurred. Sexual Assault of a Child is usually a second-degree felony, punishable by 2 to 20 years in prison, while Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child is a first-degree felony and carries a sentence of five years to life. If you’re being faced with such charges, it’s important that you find a shrewd Austin Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child lawyer today- Paul Darrow.
Conviction of Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Caused serious bodily injury or attempted to cause the death of the victim or another person in the course of the criminal episode.
- By acts or words placed the victim in fear that death, serious bodily injury, or kidnapping will be imminently inflicted on any person.
- Threatened to cause the death, serious bodily injury, or kidnapping of any person.
- Used or exhibited a deadly weapon in the course of the criminal episode.
- Acted in concert with another who engaged in conduct described above and directed toward the same victim, and occurring during the course of the same criminal episode.
- Administered or provided flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), gamma hydroxybutyrate, or ketamine to the victim with the intent of facilitating the commission of the offense.
The minimum prison term for Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child is 25 years if the victim was younger than six when the offense was committed or if the victim was younger than 14 at the time and the offense was committed as defined above.
Without representation by an experienced and skilled sex crimes attorney, like attorney Paul Darrow, you risk spending the remainder of your life in prison.
Defense Against False Accusations
Do not delay in retaining the Darrow Law Firm because the charges and situation seem like too much to face. Never take the chance of harming your future by allowing the police or prosecutor to violate your constitutional rights. You should have your lawyer present from the very first time you are questioned, whether by police or Child Protective Services.
We will investigate the facts of your case and attempt to avoid having charges filed whenever possible, and if charges have been filed, we’ll identify the best available defense. The first thing we’ll want to determine is if the child came to make the accusation and whether the child was either deliberately coached or inadvertently influenced by an adult. Sometimes adults use children to make sexual assault allegations to further some agenda of their own, and authorities sometimes question a child in such a way as to elicit the answers they are looking for, resulting in a false accusation. We have access to experts we can call on to provide an explanation to the jury of how various tactics, including improper questioning of children, can result in false allegations.
REACH OUT TO AUSTIN AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT OF A CHILD LAWYER PAUL DARROW
We will never prejudge you or think of you as other than a person, as we work together. If you’ve been looking for a lawyer, you may have discovered that many will not represent those accused of sex crimes involving children. At the Darrow firm, you’ll always enjoy our presumption of your innocence, and we will treat you with the respect and dignity you deserve. Call our Austin Sex Crimes Attorney now for a free initial consultation.